For their 4th VIP Classroom, the Gurus met YB Senator Khairul Azwan Harun (AKA Azwanbro) on 16th May 2016 at Akademi Kepimpinan Kapten Hussin (AKHI) in Kelana Jaya.
Azwanbro is a politician with extensive corporate experience. He spoke about "My Journey in the Corporate and Political World."
He shared 7 key lessons in life and leadership:
1. Leadership, especially in politics, is more than just winning contests and elections - it is about taking the risk on behalf of the people that you care.
2. Championing issues that we care about is easier when we fight for them from within than from the outside due to direct accessibility to appropriate and legitimate avenues, especially when it comes to reforms in the Government.
3. Being on the same ship requires floating of solutions that produce desired and preferred outcomes in a timely manner, and true leaders will always offer chances to do so through task delegation.
4. Loyalty matters when one wants to (and continue to) be groomed.
5. Manifestos should not be about promises but about fulfilling promises made.
6. Mature symbiosis is an alternative to synthesis when it comes to race-based politics that allows for collective progress while maintaining racial identity.
7. Market intelligence and research are absolute necessities in this age and time as Malaysia opens its door to global competition through free trade agreements, such as the TPPA.
About YB Senator Khairul Azwan Harun:
YB Senator Khairul Azwan bin Harun is an emerging leader in politics as the Deputy Chief of UMNO Youth. Unlike many politicians, Khairul Azwan has extensive experience in corporate Malaysia having worked in prestigious companies such as E&Y. Through his experience, he held leadership positions such as Deputy Chairman of Biosis Group Bhd and Executive Director of ACE Market's Ideal Jacobs (M) Corporation Bhd. He also served as the CEO of Yayasan Bina Upaya Darul Ridzuan (YBUDR) under the Perak State Government. A firm believer of giving back, Azwanbro serves as the Deputy Chairman of Yayasan Bina Upaya Darul Ridzuan (YBUDR) and was the Deputy President of Perak Football Association. He was recently appointed a Senator in the Dewan Negara.
Leave a Reply.
We are youth platform aiming to shape the future, one mind at a time.