For our 17th VIP Classroom, our Gurus met H.E. Victoria "Vicki" Treadell, British High Commissioner to Malaysia on 13th April 2017. Vicki Treadell was gracious to host us at her residence Kuala Lumpur to talk about life lessons.
Some takeaways from the session:
1. Project confidence - understand how people perceive you
2. Being clear on your point of difference - your differences is what makes you different
3. Be visible and audible - add value to every discussions
4. What is your image? - you become what you believe
5. Never stop learning
6. Plan your career in cycles of 5 years at a time
7. Managing your bosses is as important as managing your staff - build relationships!
8. You can be a good leader if you do your day job well
9. When your team is successful, you are successful
10. Feedback is important - give it constructively and ask for it
11. Be active in your society.
We are youth platform aiming to shape the future, one mind at a time.